Don’t make like a banana and…you know. Stick around for today’s food facts.
Here are today’s five thing to know about Banana Split
- The banana split was invented in 1904 at Strickler’s Drug Store in Pennsylvania.
- A banana split starts with a banana split lengthwise, topped with scoops of ice cream, assorted syrups and finally whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
- A banana split is an ice cream-based dessert. In its classic form it is served in a long dish called a boat.
- A banana is cut in half lengthwise (hence the split) and laid in the dish.
- There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a row between the split banana.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Banana Split
Today’s Food History
- 1840 Joseph Gibbons received a patent for a seeding machine.
- 1910 Arnold Neustadter was born…
View original post 46 more words