Happy Rice Pudding Day
Did you know?
Rice pudding is considered the world’s most popular dessert.
Today’s five facts about rice:
- Hundreds of millions of the poor spend half to three fourths of their incomes on rice and only rice.
- Rice is the staple diet of half the world’s population.
- More than 90 percent of the world’s rice is grown and consumed in Asia, where people typically eat rice two or three times a daily.
- Rice farming has been traced back to around 5,000 BC.
- To plow 1 hectare of land in the traditional way, a farmer and his water buffalo must walk 80 km.
Today’s Pinterest Board: Rice / Hundreds of interesting dishes
Today’s Food History
- 1593 Isaak Walton was born. He is mainly known for ‘The Compleat Angler, or, the Contemplative Man’s Recreation,’ which is one of the most frequently published books in English literature. It is a literary discourse on the…
View original post 102 more words