I am celebrating right now
Happy IPA Day
Today’s IPA History:
- The first known use of beer, “India pale ale”, IPA, was in the Sydney, Australia 1829/
- IPA is consistently the top selling craft beer style in America, representing around 18.4% of total craft beer sales.
- Double IPAs (also referred to as Imperial IPAs) are a stronger, very hoppy variant of IPAs that typically have alcohol content above 7.5% by volume
- American-style IPA is generally drier and uses American hops to give an intense hop profile with more floral, citrusy, piney, or tropical characteristics.
- English-style IPA is generally maltier flavored brew that uses English hops and yeasts, giving a more fruity and herbal aroma with a lower ABV than American IPAs.
Today’s Food History
- 1782 Andreas Sigismund Marggraf died. A German chemist who discovered beet sugar, which led to the development of the modern sugar industry.
- 1794 The Whiskey Rebellion. Protesting the 1791 federal tax on distilled…
View original post 100 more words